This is another view on why it's important to upgrade now, from a pricing and promos perspective.
As you may know, upgrade pricing on Delphi XE2 for 2007 and earlier users ends March 30th. There are no plans to extend it again.
That means if you want to upgrade from a 2007 or earlier version of Delphi, C++Builder RAD Studio or Borland Developer Studio to an XE2 version, you only have until March 30th to get the upgrade price.
How much do you save?
- Delphi XE2 Professional $499 until March 30, then $899 starting April 1. Save $400
- Delphi XE2 Enterprise $1,299 until March 30, then $1,999 starting April 1. Save $700
- Delphi XE2 Ultimate $1,999 until March 30, then $2,999 starting April 1. Save $1,000
- Delphi XE2 Architect $2,299 until March 30 then $3,499 starting April 1. Save $1,200
(these are US dollar prices but they should give you a general idea)
You won't get a better deal if you wait...
I can't tell you the details of the promos planned for next quarter but I can say you will get the best deal if you upgrade to Delphi XE2 now.
1. If you're upgrading from 2007 or earlier, you should take advantage of the upgrade price now because it won't be available next quarter.
2. If you buy now, you qualify for the BOGO offer which expires March 30th and get to choose a free second tool.
3. The specials planned for next quarter apply to all new Delphi purchasers and anyone who has already purchased Delphi XE2. That means if you buy Delphi now, you will be eligible for the same specials in the coming months and you won't be missing out on a better deal.
You can buy your upgrade from the Embarcadero online store, one of Embarcadero's great partners, or contact a sales rep if you have any questions.
Disclaimer: I can't guarantee that some other type of promo or special won't be added in the future but this is my best advice based on the plans I'm aware of.