If you'd like to help one of my co-workers raise money for cancer research in the American Cancer Society Relay for life, here's a link: http://bit.ly/findlinghats. It's a great charity so please help out with his fundraising if you can.
And just to not totally be off-topic, here are some of the Delphi-related things I worked on this week:
- Started to post articles for the Delphi-related DataRage replay videos on edn.embarcadero.com. They will go live at various times over the next month
- We received The Code Project Member's Choice Award for the programming language category and we'll be adding that award logo our web site
- We have two new free Delphi for PHP components available to registered users
- RAD Studio (Delphi and C++Builder) Help Update 3 was released and posted and is available via the auto update mechanism in the product
- Helped promote the upcoming Delphi Tour in Brazil on EDN and the EDN events calendar (only visible if you have Brazilian Portuguese set as your language when viewing the site)
- We added more info about the "Buy Delphi get RAD Studio", "Buy C++Builder get RAD Studio" and "Buy RAD Studio Enterprise, get Architect + DB Optimizer" offers to the Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio web page banners
- We refreshed the graphics and ads for that same offer. You can see them on the offer page and EDN.
- We tested four different emails for our final reminder round of eDMs for the RAD offers in North America and and the email from David I worked best so we'll be sending that out to the full email list early next week
- Promoted the Delphi Prism "Extreme Cross-Platform .NET" webinar replay and updated links to it from EDN and the corporate site Delphi Prism page
- Published an EDN article about the first in our series of "I Built it in Delphi" ads and we will also be adding links to them on the App Showcase page
- Gave the latest list of Delphi 2010 registered users who downloaded TMS Smooth Controls from the registered users page to TMS so they could send an email blast on their latest update to TMS Smooth Controls
- Published an article about the DataRage 2 Virtual Exhibit Hall which has info and special offers from some of our partners who took part in the DataRage online conference including dataweb, Devart, Elevate Software, Fast Reports, Jensen Data Systems, RemObjects Software, Steema Software, and TRichView.com
Thank you for the articles you published. Please expand comment form vertically, I can't see word verification and post comment button. Lowering google ads should add a value to user experience.
Thanks for the comment. I fixed the layout and change the comment box to a pop-up since I couldn't find any way to edit the size of the embedded one.
"RAD Studio (Delphi and C++Builder) Help Update 3 was released and posted and is available via the auto update mechanism in the product"
Huh, really? The current "Welcome" page doesn't mention this, and my "About ... Delphi" box refers to Help Update 2, not 3. ANY update to Help has got to be valuable, if only to make it less awful.
When I installed D2010, I was consciously aware of ticking the box for automatic updates. Lot of good that did, I guess.
Nonetheless, if there is a command or a setting anywhere within the IDE for updates I sure as heck can't find it. Even the hallowed IDE Insight thing has nothing relevant for "automatic" or "update".
Just realized I missed replying to this one. The Help Update was taken off the auto update system for a short time because there was an issue with an extra space in a description string that made it keep prompting users to install it again after it had already been installed. That has been fixed and it's available via both the check for updates system and the registered user download page.
Post a Comment