Some of the highlights of the survey results are:
- 54% indicated that they are currently developing applications for Windows 7
- 25% said they plan to start developing Windows 7 applications in the next year
- The majority plan to develop Windows 7 desktop applications first, with database applications second on the list, followed by utilities/tools
- More than 10% said their biggest Windows 7 development challenge is having to learn something new
- Only 3% of respondents cited Windows 7 stability and performance as a development challenge
See the full press release on the Embarcadero web site for more info or the copy on the Embarcadero Developer Network which includes a chart of the Windows 7 features developers are most excited about.
Network World also had an interesting take on the results that Microsoft can thank Apple for Windows 7's popularity.