Creating IDE Extensions with the Delphi Open Tools API
Register for a free webinar happening today and download the free companion white paper at:
Embarcadero Delphi offers a rich API that enables developers to customize and extend the IDE in many ways. The APIs are under the umbrella "OTAPI", which is an acronym for Open Tools API. In this RAD in Action topic, we will explore a number of these APIs, and learn how to use them to create simple extensions.
In this webinar, presented by Bruno Fierens, we will explore the Delphi Open Tools API (OTAPI) in order to create different types of Delphi IDE extensions.
Topics covered in the webinar will include:
- accessing the project manager
- extending the Delphi Repository
- adding custom tool panel in the IDE
- accessing the IDE editor and adding an editor context menu item
- adding a plugin splash screen entry
- adding custom menu items in the Delphi IDE menu
The webinar will include small examples to illustrate the extensions, as well as showing a number of free production quality extensions published by TMS software.