Embarcadero Transforms Business Application Development with New XE2 Releases of RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder
64-bit Windows, Mac OSX and mobile device development for HD and 3D business applications enable developers to build for the future todaySAN FRANCISCO – Sep 02, 2011 —Embarcadero Technologies today unleashes a new version of its RAD Studio® XE2 software development tool suite, comprising the most extensive feature upgrades in more than a decade. Included in RAD Studio XE2 are new versions of Embarcadero Delphi®, C++Builder®, Embarcadero Prism™ and RadPHP™. Keynote features include full Delphi 64-bit Windows support, Mac OSX and iOS support with the new FireMonkey™ rich business application platform, and iOS and Android web and mobile app development with RadPHP XE2.
The much-anticipated addition of Delphi 64-bit support enables millions of Delphi users around the globe to update Windows VCL applications to take full advantage of 64-bit hardware, handle larger amounts of memory and integrate well with other 64-bit applications.
A critical addition to Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 is FireMonkey, the first native CPU- and GPU-powered rich application platform designed for creating business software. With FireMonkey, Delphi and C++Builder developers can build visually stunning HD and 3D applications backed by enterprise-class databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Sybase and others. FireMonkey applications run natively on both Windows PCs and Macs, and fully leverage modern GPU capabilities to visualize data and user interfaces with incredible detail and performance. FireMonkey also enables Delphi XE2 users to create native HD and 3D applications for mobile (iOS) devices.
“FireMonkey is something close to revolutionary,” said B.J. Rao, digitizer, Intricad. “It crosses borders in ways that impact the way that we do things, or rather, the way we get things done. It brings new meaning to native development, offering powerful solutions.”
Delphi XE2 and C++Builder XE2 take a native approach to application development, while RadPHP XE2 brings web development and applications to mobile devices. With RadPHP XE2, developers can easily create web applications that are touch- and UI-optimized for mobile smart phones and tablets. Developers have the option to deploy their mobile Web applications as native mobile apps to Apple’s iOS AppStore and Android’s App Marketplace. They can directly utilize mobile device hardware, such as cameras, GPS and accelerometers in their mobile Web apps.
“RAD Studio XE2 can both modernize older Windows software, and serve as a platform for creating new, next-generation business applications for key platforms and devices,” said Michael Swindell, senior vice president of marketing and products for Embarcadero Technologies. “Delphi’s evolutionary 64-bit support will help developers modernize millions of Windows applications. And, Delphi and C++Builder’s revolutionary FireMonkey platform enables developers to build next-generation business applications with GPU-powered HD and 3D user experiences, animation, effects, enterprise data access and interactive data visualization on Windows, Mac and mobile devices.”
Additional new features include:
Delphi XE2 & C++Builder XE2:
- Delphi XE2 includes full Windows 64-bit for FireMonkey, compiler, debugger, RTL and VCL
- dbExpress has new connectivity with InterBase XE, FireBird 2.5, SQL Anywhere 12 and ODBC
- New DataSnap mobile connectors provide native platform components and examples to create mobile clients connecting with Delphi DataSnap servers from Android (Java), iOS (Objective C), Blackberry (Java) and Windows Phone 7 (C#)
- New and updated tools augment functionality, including FastReport for quickly designing and generating reports; Documentation Insight, a source code documentation tool for Delphi; and 64-bit versions of TeeChart, IBX, InstallAware, IP*Works, AQtime, FinalBuilder, IntraWeb and Indy. TeeChart, Indy and FinalBuilder also have added Mac support.
- New code audits and QA metrics are included in C++Builder XE2
- LiveBindings allow users to connect any type of information to any FireMonkey UI or graphic object. Users can bind live data to standard UI controls, HD or 3D graphics to create new ways of visualizing any type of data.
- Integrated mobile optimized Web development
- Deploy apps to Web, iOS, or Android
- Expanded Zend Framework component set
Embarcadero Prism XE2:
- All new .NET Oxygene Compiler 5.0 from RemObjects
- Anonymous interface implementation
- FastReport.net reporting tool
RAD Studio XE2, Delphi XE2, C++Builder XE2, Embarcadero Prism XE2 and RadPHP XE2 are now available for purchase worldwide. Upgrade pricing is available to registered users of 2007 and later versions of Delphi, C++Builder, RAD Studio and RadPHP.
Trial downloads are available at http://www.embarcadero.com/downloads.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100, and an active community of more than three million users worldwide, rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. Embarcadero is online at www.embarcadero.com.
Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.