News and information on Delphi and Embarcadero RAD Studio
May 27, 2015
5 Steps to Prepare for Windows 10 Today with RAD Studio and Delphi XE8!
Here's a copy of an email about getting ready for Windows 10 with RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder XE8 including a new Windows 10 style pack that you can download now.
5 Steps to Prepare for Windows 10 Today!
We’ve worked hard to get RAD Studio ready for Windows 10 so your apps and architecture will be ready for the biggest release in the history of Windows. Use the RAD Studio XE8, Delphi XE8, and C++Builder XE8 IDEs today with the current Windows 10 preview to build and deploy both 32-bit and 64-bit apps.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Join the Windows Insider ProgramGetting access to the Windows 10 preview requires signing up for Microsoft’s Windows Insider program. Once you sign in you can download the ISO and get started with your installation.
2. Download and install the latest Windows 10 buildNow that you have access to the ISO and an Insider account, it’s time to get Windows 10 installed. There are several ways to do this onto an existing machine but a virtual machine is the recommended approach. Both VMware and Parallels support Windows 10 instances. In fact, Parallels provides a button that will download and install the ISO for you automatically.
3. Install RAD Studio, Delphi or C++Builder XE8 (trial or purchased) on Windows 10Nothing different here. It’s a standard install.
4. Update existing apps with a new VCL StyleGo grab the new Windows 10 style for VCL apps to give your existing apps the modern look and feel. Apply it through the VCL Style Designer.
5. Build, debug, and deploy for testingAgain, nothing different here. The RAD Studio XE8 IDE has been thoroughly tested by Embarcadero QA and the Windows 32-bit and 64-bit apps as well. You are ready to go with XE8 to start building and testing your Windows 10 apps.